sábado, 2 de agosto de 2008

This life


"Life's a shit and then you die", that's what people want us to believe, but the truth is that life is whatever you want it to be. Many could think that my life is no good at all, or that has little rewards, and they are probably right, but that's according to their standards. The only thing that matters is what you value in this life. For example if one person thinks that money is essencial, whenever he/she doesn't have money, he/she will feel miserable.

But life can't be reduced to one single priority, 'cause is a very complex "thing", and all of us thinks different. As for myself, I can say that my life is hard, but not necesarily bad, just hard (although it has its moments). I still haven't graduated (yet), we're going through a hard economic phase, I can't find a nice job, I practically have no social life (very limited), some of my friends are leaving, but I have my lovely husband and my two adorable children, and thank God we're healthy. I know every single situation in my life is a result of previous decisions, either made by me or someone else.

Lately, due to certain situations, I had to reasamble my life, and give priority to those things I have, instead of the ones that are missing. I guess that's what life is all about, learn to enjoy everything we have, so we can say "Maybe I don't have all the things I want, but I want all the things I have!". I have to learn to live today, enjoy what I have today, and I've been trying, otherwise I would be crazy by now.

I must tell you, I don't envy anybody's life, even if you think your life is enviable, even if my life is the worst thing that could ever happen to anyone, even if I don't have everything I want and you do, I don't envy you. What I do, is learn to make better decisions, and I've learned so much so far, but I know I still need to learn more. And I try to learn from all the people sorounding me, and it could be said that even though I've made many mistakes, I have learned my lessons.

Now, I just want to keep living, keep fighting, and I want all this effort to be worthy. I don't know how and I don't know when, but this fight will end, and everything will be different, better. Until then, I have to live this life...

2 comentarios:

airbush dijo...

Keep on trucking!

Unknown dijo...

Nothing is worth more than this day. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe